House Hunting Tips
Looking for homes should be fun! Here are some practical HOUSE HUNTING TIPS to smooth and easy!
5) Wear shoes that are easy to take on and off, since many sellers will ask that you remove your shoes before entering, or if it’s raining it’s just a nice courtesy not to track water and mud into the house. Slip off shoes will be easiest!
6) Feel free to bring water, drinks, and snacks. It’s hard work going up and down stairs and in and out of the car for hours!
7) You can bring a camera in case there are properties that you’re interested in and want to remember certain aspects. Sometimes homes start to blend together after a while and the pictures can help you remember which was which.
8) Bring some tissues. Many of the houses are vacant and might not have toilet paper and you never know when the need will strike.
9) Occasionally we will find houses without light bulbs, dead bulbs, or dark spaces. A small flashlight comes in handy for those occasions.
1) Some homes require at least 24-hour notice for showings, and sometimes it just takes a while to connect with a sellers or agents to set up a showing time. Please try to give us as much notice as possible for showings.
2) If we’re searching wide geographical area, it’s helpful to consolidate properties in close neighborhoods on the same day to make the best use of our time. For example, perhaps see all properties in SE one day, then look at SW the next.
3) We generally schedule 20 minutes between showings if the houses are in the same neighborhood. That allows 15 minutes to see the house, and 5 minutes to get to the next one. If you think you’ll need more or less time, just let us know.
4) We generally schedule 20 minutes between showings if the houses are in the same neighborhood. That allows 15 minutes to see the house, and 5 minutes to get to the next one. If you think you’ll need more or less time, just let us know.
5) It’s a good idea to print out the listings and bring a pen to take notes,
write down questions, etc.