Buy First - Move into your new home - Sell your old home.
- You only have to move once.
- You can take your time to find your dream home while still living comfortably in your old home.
- No rent back period is necessary.
- You don’t live in your house while it’s for sale:
- You don’t have to arrange your life around showings.
- You don’t have to keep your house looking perfect at every moment in case of showings.
- It’s easier to stage your house to sell when it’s vacant.
- You need to be able to afford to purchase your new house without selling your other house first.
- You don’t know what your old house will sell for when you purchase your new home, so the bottom line for the two transactions is unknowable.
- You will have to carry two mortgages for an unspecified amount of time.
- You may need to hire staged furniture to make your house looks its best after you’ve moved out.
- Enough money and/or loan approval to purchase a house without selling your existing house first, regardless of what your first house sells for.
- Enough money and/or loan approval to carry two mortgages at the same time.
- Enough money to stage your house after you move into your new house.